Thursday 30 May 2013

Torn between Soleil and Inspire 2... Thanks Sun!

So what the heck I'm talking about? It's sounds like an online game, isn't it? But nope and I'm not addicted to it either like the current online craze, Candy Crush. Techies and gadget freaks would now what I'm blabbering. These are some of the latest mobile phones introduced by Alcatel. I'm no expert to this nor recommend which is the better nor will I do reviews for both. Why I am sharing this is because my hubby is getting a postpaid line with Sun Cellular (to my persistence, he gave in. What an obedient husband!).

So when he said the magic word "Yes", I immediately searched Sun Cellular's website and look for the right phone (for me, hehehe!) in accordance to the budget my hubby has for the month. He has a 300 monthly load allowance from their office so I quickly look directly to that range of amount. They have Fixed Load Plan of 299 but the available phones are quite limited. They also have a Regular Plan 350 and had more choices of phones. To name a few: Samsung, Nokia, Cherry Mobile phones are under the said plan. I searched reviews on what's the best amongst them. I thought of Cherry mobile because it's a Philippine brand. But I saw reviews that the downside of which is the battery. It easily gets weak even if it's not used so much. So it turns out that Alcatel One Touch Inspire 2 won my heart  ;)). But just this morning, when I ran again to their site, there's additional phone that was included. It's the Alcatel One Touch Soleil. This is the winner! This is now my choice. Thanks also to my officemate who helped and enlighten me a lot as to which of them is the best.

Alcatel is owned by TCL (see details here). I've heard TCL and saw some of their television sets in various appliance stores. The reviews I've read on their mobile phones are more on the positive note. Most of the comments are their mobile phones are really sturdy and durable and even can last for a long time. Of course if you also know how to take extra care of your things, it will stay for a longer time. One commenter said that his wife has an Alcatel unit for a long time already even if it fell a couple of times. This is quite interesting since I'm quite an "OC" when it comes to taking care of my things. So for sure this will stay a couple of years for me.

Sun Cellular by the way has an ongoing promo. They have a lot! They have choices for their Regular Plan of 350. It's either:

  • Option 1: Sun Trio Plan (Unlimited Texts to Sun, Smart and Talk n' Text/ Unlimited Sun-to-Sun calls) + FREE Android handset. This promo is until May 31, 2013 only.
  • Option 2: Call and Text Unlimited (Unlimited Call and Text  to local Sun-to-Sun and 250 free text to other networks) + FREE Android handset.
For more details and for other latest promos, visit their website here.

15 comments:

  1. yeah that's a good choice. We also had made a renewal of contract with my wife to get another mobile unit which we chose between Soleil and Sapphire 2. However, you have to cash out 2500 to get the sapphire 2 in plan 350. So we decided not to cash out and take the Soleil for free instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. may fm radio ba ang soleil? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. ang problem nga lang sa soleil is ang daling mag lowbat//

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I agree with you. kahit nka standby mode wagas kung kumain ng battery energy. even with the Inspire 2.. I don't know lang with the One touch Idol or other Alcatel models if their batteries weaks easily. But, overall like ko pa din. Hindi kasi ako masayado with game apps so okay na ako dito..

      Delete
    2. satisfied ako sa fone na to,ok naman siya gamitin,mabilis wifi,games,etc.
      and the quality of sound in headset is good.

      Delete
  4. So how could you play games if the battery weaks so easily?Paano na? I am planning to get one pa naman:( what will I do? wanted to play games din..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid that it won't satisfy you on that part. I'm thinking if I could buy a nokia or another battery that would fit in to my soleil so that i can enjoy more the use of my phone especially if i'm out.

      Delete
  5. its easy naman po ehh kung talagang nasa lugar kayo na no where.. edi bumili po kayo
    ng power bank.. pang charge po yun sa mga smartphones lalo napo sa mga mahilig sa
    games at music sa CD R KING po ang price ng power bank is 280-2k yung range ng price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah okay.. Thanks al fonse for the suggestion. I'm one low techie person that's why don't know about this stuff. thanks a million!!

      Delete
  6. magkaiba po ba yung soleil sa inspire 2? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. higher version po ang soleil.. i think ang difference nila is dual core ang soleil compared sa inspire 2

      Delete
    2. may nabibili bang batery ng soleil? san kaya merun..pls reply tnx po

      Delete
    3. Hi anonymous! sorry to inform you no idea ako. Plan ko nga palitan ng ibang brand ng battery ang soleil ko kaso sabi ng kilala ko na mas expert on cellphones, ganun daw talaga madali mag drain ang battery bsta android. it's not because of the quality of alcatel's battery

      Delete
  7. Hi. Alcatel Soleil is actually the Alcatel OT-5021E.

    ReplyDelete

SnR finds

Hello! I'm like was lost and then resurrected all of a sudden. I have no plans of reviving my blog just yet but I'm just excited to...