Thursday 13 June 2013

S & R, what does it stand for?

The much talked about S & R Membership Shopping has opened its doors here in Davao City. And for about 2 weeks now since it has opened, the craze and hype has not even dropped a bit. They say that Dabawenyos are okay for the first few months when it comes to patronizing new stuff. But we'll see. Davao City has developed so much right before my very eyes. So far some of my officemates love what they saw and definitely they keep coming back there. They were raving about how the food tastes good and is affordable with regards to their serving. They told me the pizza is a must if you had the chance to visit there. Long queues is expected too!

Anyway, my blog is not about reviewing S&R since I haven't been inside the store. I was just struck by what my hubby asked me one time when we passed by the store. He asked me what S & R stands for. I got speechless and dumbfounded for a while. Oo nga ano? What does it mean? Well, as I searched in their website, I cannot found it. Then asked my officemates if they have any idea. Then one officemate of mine told me R stands for Ricks. That's all that she knows. Then I thought, maybe S & R stands for the founders of the shop. How about you? Any idea what the S stands for?

Visit S & R Membership Shopping website for more shopping experience. Happy Shopping!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Donna!

    Oo nga, na-bopols ako bigla haha S&R stands for? Haven't been to any S&R, but I was able to taste their pizza from a friend. Masarap siya :) Yun lang you have to be a member to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane!

      O nga eh! If hindi bah naman ako tinanong ng hubby ko, din ko rin yun naisip.. Yung S nlng ang di ko pa alam what it stands for..

      Delete
  2. now i'm also thinking what it stands for! it's funny when we realize these things that we normally ignore. i like the marble vanilla cake they have though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't been inside. But I'll tell my officemates to buy it so I could try.. Thanks for the idea..

      Delete
  3. S&R are the names for Sol and Robert Price, the founders of the Price Club, which has since merged with Costco. Costco is part owner of S&R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see..thanks for the information. My hubby has been to Costco and he said Costco is big

      Delete

SnR finds

Hello! I'm like was lost and then resurrected all of a sudden. I have no plans of reviving my blog just yet but I'm just excited to...