This year is a long holy week for us. It was a timely event since my brother was here for a vacation, my sister-in-law too both all the way from UK and my auntie from Kuwait. Aside from observing holy week together, it was also perfect to spend more time with them.
- Day 1 (Holy Wednesday) is scheduled for a get-together with my family and relatives for a Videoke party. It was the only available time to unwind since my brother and his wife is leaving by the 8 of April. We had a fun night and ended around 10:30pm. If it hadn't been our cut-off time, surely we'll end up in the wee hours of the following day.
- Day 2 (Maundy Thursday) we stayed at home together with my family and do some laundry. My nanny-cum-helper went home in their province and me and my husband left doing the household chores. Good thing my mom was there to nanny my baby. Doing the chores was like part of the penitence.
- Day 3 (Good Friday), we did Visita Iglesia (7 churches + 1) with my entire family. It was also a good bonding time together with my kid and my sister's one. The plus one is our traditional thing we do. After visiting the 7 churches, it is time to take a rest and pamper our stomachs. Chowking is our saviour.
- Day 4 (Black Saturday), me and my family headed to SM for a picture taking. Since my brother was here, we took advantage to have our family photo taken together with our kids.
- Day 5 (Easter Sunday), my sister-in-law treated as for a lunch at Ah Fat Seafood restaurant here in Davao City. It was a hearty meal.
- Day 6 (Araw Ng Kagitingan) is considered a regular holiday in the Philippines. It was the time that I just stayed home and rest after the long holiday/ holy day activities.
It was indeed a full-packed holidays and holy week that I'll surely keep.