Wednesday 23 September 2015

Hotel-like Bed right in your Own Home

One of my project this year and probably would take a big slash out of my bonus is to purchase a bigger bed for the 4 of us.  Currently, we are using a Full size bed (54in x 74in) that can only fit up to 3 persons. It has been our bed since we got married. And having the 4 of us in it is already crowded.


 photo DSCN0973_zps4kjby1nw.jpg
My eldest in her tender years. That's our bed.
Imagine how we could fit the four of us now.

Waking up every time feels tiring, backaches here and there. It really is not a total relaxation and sleep for us except for the two girls because they are still small. How much more to my husband that he is kind of big and his sleeping position is always his legs hanging at the edge of the bed. Imagine that! How we wish we could stretch our backs and legs freely. Now it takes a conscious effort every time we change position in our sleep.


 photo DSCN0962_zpseteelizs.jpg
As you could see, that mattress we have is only 4 inches thick.
I want the 6 inches thick one. More durable and comfortable to get cozy and sleep.


I am planning to get a Queen size bed (60in x 80 in) because beyond that, we cannot move in freely in our room. I would love though to get the California King size (72in x 84in) but I have to consider our space. Since I cannot get the bigger one which I prefer, I saw this trundle bed from Uratex. It's multi-functional that I can just pull out the bed below when in use and pull in after.

Now, one cannot fully achieve a complete and comfortable hotel-like bed if it aren't for comfortable linens and beddings to match it with like that of a luxury bedding collection from Parachute. I told myself the moment I'm gonna find that "perfect" bed for our family, I will really dress up our bed with the "perfect" linens that would complement the whole look. That look when the moment I see it, I will imagine a restful and peaceful sleep and cannot wait to hit the sack. 


5 comments:

  1. Kami din, our bed was too small for us eh.. I was thinking of getting a bigger bed. Probably the queen size since 3 lang naman kami. Nice naman yung bed ng uratex, pwede na yun for the 4 of you =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah! I've been eyeing the Uratex bed collection since I saw it endorsed by celebrities...

      Delete
  2. Hi Donna! I can completely relate to wanting the perfect bed. I can't fit a bigger bed in my room, but I recently splurged on linens and new pillows. It makes a lot of difference especially if you go for all white :) Hope you get your bigger bed soon!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have it in white but it would be the least of my choice now that I have toddlers. I would be quite messy..

      Delete
  3. I can relate. Since hubby is OFW we didn't have any problems before kasi naka crib pa si baby when he got here. Although there was a time he was sleeping sa baba ng kama because I don't want him to be disturb if our baby cries at night and while I am preparing milk. Compromise kasi kami before ng schedule. Now we really have to get a bigger one na talaga.

    ReplyDelete

SnR finds

Hello! I'm like was lost and then resurrected all of a sudden. I have no plans of reviving my blog just yet but I'm just excited to...