Tuesday 17 November 2015

Heartbreaking Friday the 13th

Was it a mere coincidence or fated to happen? Last Friday, the 13th, shocked the whole world hours or days later. I don't want to believe in a Friday the 13th that it comes with a bad luck or something not nice will happen. After all it was a payday and many of us got already our partial pay bonus. That is not a bad luck after all, you think? This is what I saw in my Facebook newsfeed today...

 photo 12241252_516500178534032_6530210281957787096_n_zpswvl1dvxe.jpg

I was stunned to read that Japan and Mexico was struck by a magnitude 8 and 4.3 earthquake, respectively. Honestly, I wasn't really shock of Beirut and Baghdad's bombing attacks because for me, it is kind of a usual happening that I hear and see in news of places being part of the Middle East and Muslim areas because of this ISIS thing. Seeing and hearing these news every time in that side of the globe breaks my heart especially if affected people are family with children. Even the Muslim people condemn these kind of terrorist attacks. It's against the law of Islam and their Quran. But what terrifies me the most is it was a random and planned event that lead to Paris terrorist attack that led to hundreds of death and seriously injured. It is disturbing to hear these news because its target are public places were innocent people are put in danger. More so a lot of tourist flock in the City of Lights all year round. It is frightening that there's no safe place anymore even if you're in the compounds of your own home. Christmas time is already a few days away and it's saddening to note all of these chaos happening in our world when it should be excitement, hope and joy we feel as we wait for the holidays draws nearer. 

Here in our country, we experienced a magnitude of 4.0 quake in Davao City last Nov. 7, 2015 and it was said that it is possible that we'll be experiencing a 7.0M quake noting that their are new fault lines discovered. Yesterday's local newspaper wrote about recent bombings in Mindanao particularly in Kabacan, North Cotabato hurting 7 people including minors.

I wish for world peace and that people should be sensitive to others in order to have a loving and happy environment to live in. So much anger in one's heart makes a destructive world that we don't care anymore of others but only our own. I pray that God will touch these bad people's hearts and minds that they may see how cruelty they've caused. A change of heart and a total surrender to God will make a big difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SnR finds

Hello! I'm like was lost and then resurrected all of a sudden. I have no plans of reviving my blog just yet but I'm just excited to...