Wednesday 17 April 2013

A 12-peso Merienda

Gone were the days when you can buy 3 pieces of candies for a peso. It even cost a peso for piece now. I remembered in my grade school days (the 80's), our school canteen is selling spaghetti burger (Yes! you heard it right. It's the spaghetti right in the middle of the bread bun) and it only cost P2.50. That's big enough for my small tummy. I am saying this because nowadays there's no cheap stuff. Prices of commodities are soaring up. A decent meal that can fill your tummy is almost like a luxury for an average worker. But in the middle of Metro Davao, a small bakery named Meister Baker (located in Bolton, Davao City) had this tasty and satisfying food discovery. I don't know what is it named but my brother-in-law told me just say it's "empanada". I am happy with this because it is cheap but the filling which is made up of a mayo, cheese and ham is not "kuripot" as well. My officemates liked it. The bread is big as the price suggests. It is best eaten when it's hot because there's like bread crumbs coated on it. I have it toasted before we ate it so that you will have a crunchy crumbs.


The bread is fluffy and soft. Big bits of ham and cheese are inside that almost filled the entire bread.
It's good to recommend it for merienda when you like cheap but tummy-filling food. I'd buy this again. Every peso is worth it.

8 comments:

  1. Looks good! Meister Baker is actually under JTC (the company that owns Jollibee). And I see you placed a LookChem badge na! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Marie: really? thanks for the info. Just knew that Meister baker is not just any ordinary bakery. All the while its around the Metro for many years na. And just knew that it's related to Jollibee pala,,hehehe.. and @ lookchem, thanks a lot for enlightening me. You are a great help. I'm a newbie in blogging pa eh.

      Delete
  2. Wow! At the moment, I don't even think I can find something worth 12 pesos that would be enough to fill my tummy even for merienda. (Oh okay, except maybe for Skyflakes or pandesal.) Anyway, I don't think there's a Meister Baker in Manila, but when I visit Davao, I'll make sure to buy a piece or two of this "empanada" :)

    xoxo,
    The Purple Doll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! you should. It's really cheap. I'm wonderin' too what other breads they offer. I'm sure it's good and tasty, too

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. mka addict girl. parang hahanap-hanapin mo na after you try, hehehe

      Delete

SnR finds

Hello! I'm like was lost and then resurrected all of a sudden. I have no plans of reviving my blog just yet but I'm just excited to...