Tuesday 17 April 2012

Davao City: Life is here (Welcome Visitors)

I was invited by my boss yesterday to welcome their Australian friends at the airport all the way to dinner. They are a couple in which the guy holds a position on a political arena in a town of Queensland. Both of them are first time visitors in the Philippines. While waiting for the plane carrier they were in, we spotted the family of Rep. Miguel Zubiri of Bukidnon. His kids are so adorable more so his wife is charming. Anyway, finally announcing the plane's arrival, we positioned ourselves at the waiting area holding the welcome banner. They were delighted seeing that we have prepared a welcome streamer for them as they approached. I think they were not expecting a grand  welcome as their face lit up with "oh's" and "thank you's" upon seeing us. After some chit chatting on our way out of the airport and to our respective vehicles, I find myself in awe and grateful that I was one of the invited person to welcome high ranking persons of their kind. They are so down-to-earth and hearing that they appreciate their coming here to Davao City makes me proud that I live here.

We proceeded then to Marco Polo Davao in an exclusive dinner for 12. We are welcomed by the hotel's General Manager Bruno Simeoni and it was such a nice feeling being in a comfort of a 5-star hotel service. Anyway, I wasn't able to get photos of our said plate-in dinner even if my bosses took pictures in it through their cellphones. It was indeed an excellent presentation of food with a 6 or 7 plate-in courses that at the 4th course I thought it was the end of the show. There was more. I couldn't remember anymore the names of the food that I ate because of its lengthy name and complication. All I can say is that even if the food tastes to be excellent, I find myself in drowned by its assortment of tastes that makes my taste buds rumble. Meaning I wasn't able to savor each of its distinct taste because of the food coming and go. However, I manage to try each of it so that I have an experience each of its taste. I am thinking that I was in gluttony at that time because the meals are so heavy in my stomach and that is one reason why I haven't savored them all. Too much of everything is really bad at all. But overall, I would love to return and taste again their food. But I guess not as much as yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I also enjoy coming to Davao as well. :)It's such a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Veron. I love where I am now. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

SnR finds

Hello! I'm like was lost and then resurrected all of a sudden. I have no plans of reviving my blog just yet but I'm just excited to...